Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Warm Showers

Hi from Reidsville, GA. Short one---44 miles (can't believe I am calling 40+ miles short). Another short one tomorrow to Jessup then a 70+ to Folkston.
I went to 'warm showers' yesterday and found one near Folkston and sent him an email. He just called me (I am in the Tatnall County Public Library) and we have made the connection. He will wrap surveyors tape around the stop sign at his entrance road one mile south of the prison just north of Folkston. I will get to use his camper for the night if I understood his Georgia drawl correctly. His handle is 'caboose' and his name is Arthur M.

Getting tired of all these carbon-copy motel rooms so this will be a nice change.
Once I am past Folkston I will be going right over to the ocean at Fernandina Beach which is just north of the Florida border. YIPPEE.

1 comment:

  1. Ed,
    this whole trip seems amazing and great for you. Biking in Vermont at the moment does not look like fun - 40 degrees and rainy. Not complaining, just sayin'. Hope you get that warm shower!
    Best, Abby Hummel

    ReplyDelete