Saturday, April 4, 2009

THE BIKE!
Last Wednesday I gave the bike to the guys at Earl's Cyclery who promptly sent it to my old bike shop, Hale's, in Cape May Court House.  It arrived yesterday and is ready to go.  In two hours I will board Amtrak at Port Henry and begin the adventure----arrive 30th St. Station, Philly around midnight, spend the night with oldest son Matthew and family.  Tomorrow Abbie will collect me and we will go down to Stone Harbor, NJ to spend the night with Tyler's Godparents.  Monday morning to Hale's.  Abbie will go back to Philly and I will head for the Cape May-Lewes ferry and points south!  
By the way, Bud, Doug, Coach Al and I had a terrific 30 miler on Thursday---clear, warm, beautiful Vermont day.  Total training miles 245.  Thanks Al.

6 comments:

  1. From your youngest brother - good biking - don't get hurt - see ya in humid Fla soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we didn't miss the train - it was a bit close! Give everyone hugs for me - love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smooth riding big brother....hope your tush settles in quickly. Can't wait to see you in sunny FL Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the trip Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the scenery and take your time Dad. Mel and Johnny Cat are back safe from FLA and her Annette is doing well!!! Matthew

    ReplyDelete